You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Collective Haul | Beauty

I hate to begin every post with it, but it's true: it has been a while. Life got a little crazy early this year, hence my sudden disappearance, but I really have missed blogging! I thought I'd jump back in with something nice and easy today: a collective haul. Y'all know I love my blog series so this will part one of a two-part collective haul where I show you what I've bought recently.

***I am a shopaholic. I do need to be contained. Someone take my credit card away from me. Please.***

Let's get cracking with the beauty items.

Sephora VIB Rewards
Most of the time the Sephora point perks are rather unexciting, but recently they offered two amazing 500-point perks, both of which I snagged straight away before they sold out.

The first is the Laura Mercier Flawless Radiance Kit, which contains mini sizes of their Flawless Skin Face Polish (0.4 oz), Foundation Primer - Radiance (0.5 oz), Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Highlight-01 (0.06 oz), Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum in Nude (0.5 oz), and Lip Glace in Rose (0.1 oz). I was seriously impressed by how much was included in this set! The sizes of the products are extremely generous, and they didn't cheap out on packaging either. So far I am really enjoying everything. I've got to say the bestsellers in there, namely the foundation primer and tinted moisturizer, really live up to the hype.


The second 500-point perk is the Caudalie Brighten and Renew Kit, an amazing skincare set containing mini sizes of the Makeup Removing Cleansing Water (50 mL), Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (10 mL), and Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF 15 (10 mL). I truly think this set is worth it for the serum alone. A full-sized bottle of the serum (1 oz) is a whopping $79! I'm a huge fan of Caudalie as a brand - all of their products are amazing in quality and so gentle. This set is a complete steal.


Dior
Some lush Dior goodies were acquired within the last few weeks - very exciting! After months of uhm-ing and ah-ing I finally ordered the Dior Addict Lipstick in Tokyo from the Sephora website (they unfortunately do not have this shade in store). Then with a portion of my Shoppers Optimum points I picked up the much talked about Dior Addict Lip Glow, as well as the Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer. Oh my lawwwwwd - I'm in love. Dior is fast becoming one of my favourite high end makeup brands, alongside Chanel. Reviews coming soon so I won't say too much, but in summary: much love; worth the money.


Essie
I picked up a ridiculous four bottles of Essie nail polish recently. With the exception of Stylenomics, the rest (Ballet Slippers, Borrowed and Blue, and Absolutely Shore) are very spring-themed. I love how they're almost white but with just a drop of colour; I think they really brighten up the complexion and look amazing with a tan.


Miscellaneous
During my Shoppers Optimum spending spree, I picked up another bottle of my favourite everyday foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in my summer shade 53.While I love my Chanel foundation to pieces, this Bourjois option is just a little more budget-friendly for everyday wear. I was also in need of a new mascara so I decided to try the Maybelline The Falsies Flared, which has received great reviews across the board. Next I popped by MAC to pick up Patisserie lipstick with some store credit that I had on recommendation of Anna (ViviannaDoesMakeup) and Chelsea (thedauphine). I haven't used it but it does looks like the perfect nude for my lips! The last item on this haul is the Revlon Colorstay Matte Balm in Striking. Back in December I purchased the shade Standout and have since used it so much! The formulation of these lip products is to die for - so smooth, creamy, and incredibly long-lasting. I often wear it to work because it's bold, giving the face an instant pick me up without the need for touch ups.


I hope you enjoyed snooping through my shopping bags! And stay tuned for the second part of this haul, coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. Love the haul!! Keep the posts coming! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, that means a lot! :)

      Delete
  2. so glad you're back to blogging! looking forward to your reviews!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm welcome Max! It's good to be back. :)

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg