Today on the spring edit: All the prettiest, milkiest pastels for your nails. I didn't intend to choose all Essie polishes for this category, but you have to admit, they have perfected the pastel polish. I really do believe that they come out with the best of the best when it comes to lovely, light shades like these and they have such a huge range of colours.
- Essie Lilacism | A lovely lilac shade that makes me think of all sorts of blooming flowers. I love a really nice purple/lilac shade because they tend to go with a lot of colours and therefore a lot of outfits. This shade applied particularly well - great consistency, little to no streakiness, opaque in two coats.
- Essie Absolutely Shore | The queen of mint nail polishes, in my opinion. I won't ramble on about this one. Full post to come very soon. Spoiler alert: pure excellence across the boards.
- Essie Bikini So Teeny | Although this was released in their summer collection last year, I find this polish more spring appropriate. It's a pretty baby blue/sometimes periwinkle with very subtle but noticeable silver shimmer. There was a time I wore this for about a month straight because I thought it looked so gorgeous and flattering on the nails. I think it also looks lovely against denim wardrobe pieces. It's a bit on the thicker side in terms of consistency but it is opaque in two coats with zero streakiness.
- Essie Van D'Go | I believe I have blogged about this on here and I still love it. Such a pretty and flattering peachy-coral, a colour that's become so popular and 'on trend' over the last few spring seasons! This is the most troublesome of the bunch, but if you're willing to work with it, you can see from the swatch below that it looks lovely. It is thicker than the average Essie polish and can be a bit streaky, but the shade is just too pretty not to wear.
- Essie Vanity Fairest | The prettiest baby baby pink with subtle shimmer. This one takes a little more patience (4 coats necessary) but the results are worth it if you're looking for that polished, clean look for the spring.
All of these polishes have pretty good quality and last a while on my nails especially if I use a good topcoat like Seche Vite or Sally Hansen InstaDri.
So there you have it - the third of four extended posts on my spring edit. Keep a look out for my spring picks for the eyes tomorrow.