You have to be odd
to be number one.
Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Edit: Lips


Oh hello there! If you haven't watched my full Spring Edit, do check it out - it is the post just before this one. This post is the first of four extended versions of my spring edit, each featuring my top five favourites for the particular category. In this one I'll be talking about those luscious lips! There's something for everyone here - lipstick, lipgloss, sheer colour...  
  1. MAC lipstick in Creme Cup | The heaviest of the bunch in terms of wear because it is a lipstick, but still quite comfortable on the lips because it is a Cremesheen finish. Creme Cup from MAC is a pretty baby pink. It's the perfect shade of pink for me - it's slightly blue-toned, just enough that it stands out but not so much so that it's completely unnatural. This was my first MAC lipstick, gifted to me by my friend Tiff, and it's certainly my favourite. This is a great everyday shade for the spring.
  2. L'oreal Colour Riche Colour Caresse lipstick in 174 Rose Taffeta | If you want a lighter option, this beautiful berry-toned lipstick is a lot more sheer but still packs quite the punch in terms of colour. Rose Taffeta is a beautiful light berry for the spring that would be a great one to wear for, say, a dinner date or evening party because it's deeper and less pastel (than my other picks) but still very springy.
  3. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 05 Candy Shimmer | This beauty of a lip product from Clarins is a recent addition to my collection, and good golly, I don't know why it's taken me so long to get my hands on it. I'll be doing a full review of it soon in a separate post, but for now all you need to know is that it's a great all rounder. As the name says, it does really just make your lips look perfected. The shade Candy Shimmer is a lovely corally pink shade and I think it's perfect for this season. Wear it whatever your mood!
  4. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 025 Peach Parfait | The lip butters have such an enormous shade range, one of them was bound to make the cut. Peach Parfait is a nice light coral/peach with gold shimmer through it. I normally stick to creamy, plain lip colours (ie. no glitter or shimmer) but over the past couple of months I've found myself reaching for this on days when I don't know or want to think about what to put on. It goes with everything and it just makes you look a bit more put together especially if you've gone rather neutral everywhere else.
  5. Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Pink Ice | I'm not a huge fan of lipgloss, let's just get that out there. I'm not sure when I came to that realization because when I was younger and in my teenybopper days I would slap that stuff on like there was no tomorrow. But as I've matured my preferences have changed and I definitely prefer a more natural lip to an unnaturally glossy one for everyday. This offering from Revlon is one of Tanya Burr's favourites so I picked it up just cause, and I have to say I quite like it. Pink Ice is a sheer pink with silver (and maybe blue?) shimmer through it and it just looks good on top of a variety of lipsticks instead of really cheap and child-like. Not sure if I'm making any sense now... 

L-R. MAC Creme Cup, L'oreal Rose Taffeta, Clarins Candy Shimmer, Revlon Peach Parfait, Revlon Pink Ice.

Well there you have it, my top five lip products for the spring. If you enjoyed reading this post, I'm happy to say there is more to come for you so keep checking back in the next couple of days, or just make sure you're following me on Bloglovin', Twitter, or Facebook because that's where I let you all know when I've posted something brand spankin' new.


Twitter: @jemcheng
Tumblr: withscienceandfaith
Instagram: jemcheng

2 comments:

  1. this probably sounds horrid, but i've yet to try the lip butters. they look so pretty though. i have been loving maybelline color whispers for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! the color whispers are pretty similar though, i've heard, so i don't think you're missing out.

      Delete

 photo s_03.jpg  photo s_04.jpg  photo s_06.jpg  photo s_08.jpg  photo s_09.jpg