Today has been interesting to say the least. My alarm went off at 9:00 am for my 10:30 am class. I unhappily got out of bed half an hour later and was on my way to the bathroom when my roommate calls from her room, "Good morning! ...You know class has been cancelled, right?" And I tried to respond in what I swear was my most enthusiastic morning voice, "Really?!" Today I experienced my first Snow Day, as we call it in Canada. It's when they call off class because it's been snowing too heavily for people to safely get onto and out of campus. I didn't actually do much.....after my roommate told me the news, I walked back to my room and sat in bed being lazy for another 2 hours before I started to get ready to go home (as in my actual home, not my uni home). I won't elaborate on the weather conditions - you can check my Instagram for that. But the snow was knee-high (for my height) and it took me a few minutes to figure out how to actually get out of my house since we were practically barricaded in.
Fast forward to ~5 hours later, after trudging through a lot of snow and wind (and the mall!), I finally got to my house....which is when I remembered: TOPBOX TOPBOX TOPBOX! They shipped them a week early this month so despite the path to the mailbox being blocked by knee-high snow, I HAD to go and check. All worth it because looky what I got!
I'm just going to say it right now - this is definitely the best Topbox I have received to date. LOVE. EVERYTHING. As you can see, I got another Prive box this month and this time it is from a brand I love, Benefit! After the first Prive box was released last month, Topbox sent an email to everyone asking them to fill in a wishlist to possibly receive a Prive box for February. There were 3 different Prive box brands and they offered no guarantees that we would receive the box we choose, so I am really really happy to have received this box.
Benefit decided to go with a Chinese New Year - Year of the Snake theme which may very well be why I got one of these! Haha. As I expected from Benefit, the packaging is super cute, fun and girly - I am a huge fan. I didn't receive any full-sized products, which I do not mind because of several reasons. 1) I technically got a bonus 6th item in this box to compensate. 2) I'm also really pleased with the range of items I got because they are actually products that I am interested in. 3) The sample sizes feel substantial and they aren't in lousy foil packets that get really messy with use.
What's in the box? (*Prices listed are for full-sized items*)
- POREfessional - ($34) A PRO balm to minimize the appearance of pores. I have wanted to try this product ever since it was released but I couldn't justify spending the money on it. My t-zone does tend to get oily throughout the day so I try to use a primer daily. I can't wait to try this out!
- Total Moisture Facial Cream - ($42) Provides concentrated immediate and long-term hydration, contains exclusive tri-radiance complex to help develop the skin's reserves of water. Now for the flip side. During the winter, my skin is definitely at its most sensitive. If I don't care for it properly it's a quick downhill spiral. The wind tends to dry it out and create flakes, while somehow producing excessive grease around my nose and chin. Confused yet? I am! I'm always on the lookout for a good, rich face moisturizer to quench my skin during the winter months.
- Benetint - ($36) Rose-tinted lip and cheek stain. This is a cult Benefit product that I actually already own in the Benetint+gloss variation. I passed this little sample on to my mom who loves lip and cheek tints and has been eyeing Benetint.
- Dandelion Ultra Plus Gloss - ($18) Not a product that I was dying to have as I'm sure I could find something similar in other cheaper brands, but I am happy to have it to try out!
- Dandelion Boxed Powder - ($36) A brightening face powder. This is another product I have wanted to try for a while now! Benefit's boxed powders have been talked about so much in the beauty community so this is definitely a thumbs up for me.
- Fine-One-One - ($36) This sheer brightening cheek and lip trio - pink champagne, sheer watermelon, and soft coral - gives your look instant lift, shape and pop. Interesting concept to this product and I'm really excited to have a sample of it to try out. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet but from what I see, the shades looks beautiful.
These are the kind of the boxes I want to consistently receive from Topbox! Ya hear me, Topbox?! Good job on this one! :) I am so so excited to try these products out and I will be sure to get back to you all ASAP with my thoughts if I find anything extra special. That is all for now, I think I've rambled enough. Apologies, that tends to happen when I get excited about things. See you all very soon! If all goes as planned, my next post up will be a haul video!
Blogger with Google Friend Connect