See the National Ballet of Canada perform the Nutcracker- Sadly no photos because they're not allowed in the theatre, but I had such a great time with my girls and the ballet was as elegant and beautiful as I thought it would be. Take (lots of) outfit photos!- I actually did take some outfit photos over the break, I just haven't uploaded them yet. So they will be making their way onto the blog over the next couple months.
- Watch many many Christmas movies - I've gotten plenty of suggestions so far. - I can't honestly say I did this one. I did watch Four Christmases and then bits and pieces of all the holiday movies (including Home Alone!!!) that were playing on the W network throughout the holidays, but I wasn't able to have a proper movie day, sadly.
Finally work on the jewelry shop I want to launch Reorganize my room at home- Oh my goodness. This one took three days and three large black garbage bags, but I did it! My room looks so much more open now that I've done a proper sort through! My sister obviously lent a helping hand as well and tidied up her side of the room. Learn how to knit- This was a big one that I was determined to do! At the conclusion of my Christmas break, I successfully knitted one simple navy scarf for my dad. Yay! Blog blog blog- I did not blog quite as much as I had planned but I was just enjoying my time at home so much that I decided it was okay to take a little break from it for the time being. I did blog some though so if you haven't seen the posts I put up, certainly have a look at the sidebar!
- Start my 'travel' book - somewhere I can keep track of all my wanderlust and something I can refer to when the time comes that I can travel on my own.
- Research post-grad options. It seems like I just started uni recently, and now I have to be looking at post-grad!
- Exercise - .......yeah, this didn't happen. It's back to the gym for me now that I'm at school!
K-grill or bubble tea with "the fam", a tradition for me and a group of my friends whenever we're all home for holidays- This actually turned into all you can eat sushi which is just fine with me. ;) Christmas Potluck with the high school friends- It was so so great to see familiar faces, and getting together with them got me both nostalgic about high school but also excited at how much we've all matured already just being at uni for a year and a half.
- Skate!!! I miss it so much.
Read - Divergent, Perks of Being a Wallflower (I have yet to watch the movie because I want to read the book first),The Fault in Our Stars - Being able to read this break reminded me of just how much I love the feeling of really getting sucked into a good book. I am obsessed with dystopian-themed novels so if you have any recommendations, leave them in the comments below. I'm always looking for good books to read.
- Go thrift shopping
An out of town family vacation, potentially- It was short and sweet but so incredibly fun and jam-packed. We went to the Collingwood/Blue Mountain area and did the mandatory snow activities (tubing, skiing) and a wee bit of shopping as well. I think I'm going to do a slightly lengthier post on this soon so I won't talk about it too much.
- Snakes & Lattes / downtown day with the clan
A few things that weren't on my list but certainly made my holidays so much better...
- Getting an iPad from my parents for Christmas! I named her Olive. :)
- Spending soooooo much time with the clan and family friends.
- Rekindling my love for board games and card games - Fluxx, Monopoly Deal, Scattergories, Taboo, Word Factory, Settlers of Catan, Monopoly, ....
I did a series of holiday-themed posts so if you want to check those out, simply click on label "Christmas" somewhere along the left sidebar and that should easily consolidate those posts for you to see.
And lastly, if you want to have a look at ALL the posts I put up during my Christmas break, I have linked them all below:
- My Holiday Bucket List
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
- OPI Goldeneye
- December 2012 Topbox
- NOMS: Mercatto at Bay & Adelaide
- Essie Beyond Cozy
Whew! Apologies for the long-winded post. I promise that is all! Hope you all had lovely holidays and are easing back into the swing of things, whether it be school or work. And I know I don't say it in every post, but I appreciate all of you that take the time to read my blog!
Blogger with Google Friend Connect